Swim Department Head (Pool Manager)At Camp Airy
Camp Airy Swim Department Head (Head of Pool)
Camp Airy is a resident summer camp in Thurmont, MD for boys aged 7-17. Each summer, hundreds of campers and staff come to live in our community for up to 7 weeks. We offer a wide variety of activities and experiences. Campers grow tremendously during the summer, stepping out of their comfort zone, and becoming more confident and independent. The Swim Department Head (SDH) will play a vital role in ensuring these outcomes, and is responsible for supervising all aspects of our pool, including:
• Ensuring camper and staff safety at the pool
• Managing lifeguard team, including evaluation and supervision
• Assigning schedules to team, including free swim guard rotations, swim instruction and special programs
• Overseeing camper swim lesson facilitation, including training guards in swim instruction and screening campers for levels
• Coordinating regular pool maintenance (Cleaning, PH Balancing, etc.) with department staff and year-round facilities team.
The Swim Department Head will also be expected to role model professional and appropriate behavior for staff members and campers alike.
The job requires that you live on site, at our beautiful camp for the duration of the camp season, which runs from June 15 – August 14. Room and Board are provided, and weekly time off is given.
To learn more about our camp, check out our website: https://www.airylouise.org/staff
If you have any questions, or if you’d like to apply, email email@example.com
• Water Safety Instructor
• First Aid and CPR
• Pool Operators License
• American Red Cross Life Guard Instructor (Not Required)
Salary: $500/week + based on experience
Job Type: Seasonal (Summer)
Lifeguard: 3 years
Requirements3 years lifeguard experience
How to ApplyEmail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume with a note explaining why you think you'd be a great fit at our camp.
Start the staff application, here: https://airylouise.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
Swim Department Head (Pool Manager)
14938 Old Camp Airy Rd, Thurmont, MD, 21788, United States