Unit HeadAt Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp
Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp, located in Red Hook, is a Hebrew dual-language camp for children entering Pre-K through 5th grade. No previous Hebrew experience is necessary to be part of the Sprout Brooklyn community.
Sprout Brooklyn is a place where children from a wide spectrum of backgrounds join together to create a joyful, diverse community built on Jewish values, a connection to Israel and the Hebrew language.
Sprout Brooklyn values staff that are positive and flexible team players who are excited to spend the summer with young campers and staff. The ideal candidate is excited about camp life and feels comfortable wearing multiple hats and will never say that a task “isn’t their job”.
We are looking for a mature, responsible, energetic and nurturing person for our Unit Head position.
Camp runs from the June 28 – August 19. Staff training is June 20 – June 24 and Camper Orientation is June 26.
The camp day runs from 7:45am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday. There is approximately 45 hours of flexible pre-camp work with the leadership team.
• Supervise 12 – 15 counselors
• Manage staff performance and well-being
• Perform ongoing staff training, as necessary
• Oversee writing of camper reports
• Report directly to Director regarding staff issues and support
• Coordinate and oversee substitute coverage for absent staff members
• Support the well-being and quality of experience of all campers
• Know each group’s daily schedule and provide additional staffing support, when needed
• Address camper behavioral and social/emotional issues with counselors
• Report directly to Director regarding camper behavioral and social/emotional issues
• Call parents regarding any issues with campers
• Oversee camper arrival and dismissal
• Serve as part of the camp Leadership Team along with the Director and Assistant Director
• Help plan and implement Staff Orientation
Compensation$5500 - $6500
Requirements• BA required, MSW or other Master’s Degree preferred • Minimum 3 years’ experience working with pre-school and/or elementary aged children • Supervisory experience • BONUS: Experience attending or working at a summer camp
How to ApplyReach out to email@example.com to apply or learn more! We can't wait to connect with you!
Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp
556 Columbia Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11231, United States