Web Engagement StrategistAt URJ
Overview and Purpose:
The URJ Marketing & Communications department seeks someone enthusiastic and skilled in website strategy, production, and administration in order to advance the URJ’s online fundraising and audience growth goals.
You might be the right fit if: You have a marketing background with an understanding of approaches and techniques to engage various audience groups. You work well as part of a team, meet deadlines, and thrive in collaboration. You adapt to quickly changing needs and creative solutions. You have hands-on experience administering multi-site Drupal, WordPress and other similar open-source CMS platforms.
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) is a dynamic network of congregations, lay leaders, clergy and professionals across North America. Our progressive, inclusive approach unites thousands of years of Jewish tradition and values with modern Jewish experience to strengthen Judaism today and for future generations. Through programs, information and networking opportunities provided by the URJ, our nearly 900 member congregations enhance their capacity to build and expand community, deepen Jewish learning, energize worship, pursue social justice and develop inspired leadership.
What You’ll Do as our Web Engagement Strategist:
You will be the lead for the URJ’s presence on the Drupal or WordPress platforms consisting of multiple websites installed as multi-sites. You will strategize about the best way to present content, keep the sites updated, troubleshoot, and work with the URJ’s developers (external vendors) and IT department on technical problems related to the sites’ databases, hosting, bugs or other issues.
As part of the Creative, Design, and Production team, the Web Engagement Strategist will:
· Be experienced with website administration including how they relate to our organization’s email marketing, fundraising strategies, social media, and paid ads.
· Work closely with colleagues in the Marketing and Communications department to execute marketing plans and measure the success of audience engagement on the websites.
· Working within URJ’s communications policies and guidelines including the use of transliteration guidelines and style guide
· Monitor the impact of marketing and communications efforts and adjust activities as needed
· Minimum of 5 years in marketing for a non-profit or mission-driven organization
· Creative, positive attitude
· Knowledge and proven experience in online fundraising strategy and plans
· 3-5 years experience in Drupal/WordPress administration, specifically with multi-site configurations
· Experience and ability to merge organizational priorities and vision into website strategies and reach
· Deep understanding of and commitment to URJ’s mission and values
How to Apply
Please email a one-page cover letter along with your resume, outlining how your skills and experience and how you meet the essential functions and qualifications of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Web Engagement Strategist
633 3rd Ave, Manhattan, New York, 10016, United States