Youth & Camp DirectorAt Camp JCC (JCC of the Lehigh Valley)
The Youth & Camp Director has the overall responsibility for the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of our after-school, summer camp and year-round programs for children. The Youth & Camp Director will play an integral role in creating a new vision for our camp programs, being an agent for change and positive growth. The Youth & Camp Director must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and also as part of a team of professionals. The Youth & Camp Director must be capable of “switching gears” – being approachable and fun when working with parents, while also being organized and professional when in the office.
Essential Job Functions:
• Leading the JCC’s youth summer camp program, called Camp JCC (100% of time during the summer, 30% of time during the school year). This includes:
• Creating a dynamic vision for a cohesive day camp program centered around the JCC facility, including traditional and specialty camp offerings.
• Growing total camper enrollment and departmental revenue through enhanced marketing, outreach, relationship-building, programming, recruitment and sales.
• Serving as the camp director during the summer.
• Supervising camp leadership staff and administrative staff.
• Hiring, recruiting, interviewing and evaluating camp staff. Planning and executing staff orientation and ongoing training, scheduling staff and leading staff meetings
• Planning all programmatic aspects of camp, such as field trips, special days, activity areas and Shabbat.
• Being responsible for all aspects of camper safety.
• Acting as the primary liaison with parents.
• Maintaining rooms and spaces inside and outside the building utilized by camp and coordinating facility usage with building services staff.
• Ensuring that camp operations are in line with American Camp Association standards.
• Leading the JCC’s after-school program, called JLounge (30% of time during the school year). This includes:
• Recruiting new students.
• Building relationships with parents, schools, and community leaders.
• Planning and executing enrichment classes for school-age children.
• Recruiting, hiring, and supervising program staff.
• Leading the JCC’s year-round Vacation Camp program, which operates on days when area schools are closed (20% of time during the school year). This includes staffing, scheduling of activities, registration, supplies and snacks and anything else pertinent to a successful program
• Running family programs for the community in partnership with PJ Library, the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley, and other Jewish agencies (20% of time during the school year).
• Planning and assisting with special camp events throughout the year, agency-wide events, and community-wide programs.
• Attending and participating in monthly staff meetings and weekly supervisory meetings.
• Working with the marketing department regarding publicity, public relations and marketing plans for youth and camp programs.
Requirements• Bachelor’s or associate’s degree from an accredited university. • Minimum of two years of professional experience working with children in a formal (such as school) or informal (such as summer camp or after-school program) educational setting. • Experience working at a summer camp in a leadership position. • Knowledge of Jewish culture, history and traditions. • Exceptional organizational ability. • Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. • Proficient in all avenues of social media and communication tools. • Excellent written and verbal skills. • Ability and willingness to work long hours to get the job done, including some nights and weekends. • Positive, energetic personality and attitude.
How to ApplyE-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no direct e-mails or phone calls to staff.
Camp JCC (JCC of the Lehigh Valley)
Youth & Camp Director
702 North 22nd Street, Allentown, PA, 18104, United States