Youth+Recreation Programs DirectorAt Stroum Jewish Community Center of Greater Seattle
The Youth+Recreation Programs Director is responsible for the oversight and implementation of Youth and Recreation Programs, which includes (but is not limited to) summer and year-round day camp, Kidstown/Kids City (before- and after-school program), Enrichment Classes (preschool-5th grade), and new initiatives to engage pre-K through 8th-grade kids and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the business (budget, enrollment, offer, staffing, metrics, evaluation, etc.) of before/after school care programs, enrichment classes, recreational offerings, camp, and new initiatives
• Direct summer and school break camps
• Set and work toward 3-5 year vision/strategic growth plan for Youth and Recreation Programs with a specific plan for J Camp.
• Work with J Camp+Youth Programs Manager to develop and implement meaningful year-round camp connections (e.g., reunions, family camp, school break days/camps, etc.)
• Ensure meaningful, authentic Jewish content and experiences in SJCC youth programming
• Work with Youth+Recreation team and other SJCC departments (Aquatics, for example) to streamline, improve, or expand current offering and to identify and implement new initiatives for target age group – J Explorers, Family Camp, kids clubs, family swim, etc.
• Collaborate with Early Childhood School to ensure continuity of experience, care, content, and quality throughout the programs
• Collaborate with SJCC’s marketing team to formulate and determine delivery strategy for a viable, intentional promotion/marketing/outreach campaign for Youth and Recreation Programs
• Work with SJCC’s Development team to engage camp/youth families as donors to fuel growth
• Work as part of the SJCC’s management team to move the entire organization toward its mission and vision with a commitment to our core values
• Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
This position supervises Youth and Recreation staff, including (but not limited to) the J Camp+Youth Programs Manager, and all Youth and Recreation staff (instructors, trainers, counselors, coaches/umpires/referees, etc.).
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; at least five years of related experience (and/or training) working as an Assistant Director or higher in a resident or day camp program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience and/or current skills must include: outstanding communication skills; exceptional organization skills; ability to inspire others in camp and program environments; excellent customer service skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team; ability to manage ambiguity; ability to sequence objectives among competing priorities.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences across all media and platforms, using clear and concise language to inspire, inform, educate, appreciate, etc.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
No specific certificates or licenses required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, (subject line: Youth+Recreation Programs Director Search and Last Name).
Stroum Jewish Community Center of Greater Seattle
Youth+Recreation Programs Director
3801 E. Mercer Way, Stroum Jewish Community Center of Greater Seattle, Mercer Island, WA, 98040, United States