Camper CareAt Camp JORI
The Camper Care position has the health, wellness and happiness of all campers and staff in mind. He/she is a vital member of the staff and serves as the resource for staff to help provide campers with a meaningful and memorable fun summer.
It is expected that all staff come to camp ready to fully participate, learn, teach and contribute as we work to build a strong and cohesive staff team.
• Directly involved with all the campers and staff in camp.
• Directly responsible for the care of camper issues throughout camp: providing guidance and counseling, extra attention to campers that need additional support.
• Observe, assess and recommend plans and solutions to work with campers and staff.
• Administrative responsibilities regarding parent communication, documentation of situations and issues, including but not limited to behavior plans, incident reports, etc.
• Work with staff to help campers manage and move through homesickness and various other camper issues.
• Communicate with staff —prepare reports, forms, parent letters, articles, and evaluations as needed.
• Liaises with Directors in regards to all camper/staff issues.
• Participate in rotating on-duty assignments.
• Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervised by: Directors
• Graduate level or higher degree in mental health, education or medical field
• Strong background and experience in Social Work, Psychology, School Counseling, education and/or related fields.
• Background and experience in camping and/or related fields is preferred, but not required.
• Desire to work with children and adults in camp setting.
• Demonstrate knowledge of a myriad of treatment techniques.
• Excellent communication (written and spoken) skills.
• Ability to give and receive constructive criticism, feedback and support.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and manage a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Must have strong leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage and counsel.
• A sense of humor, charismatic personality and all around positive attitude.
How to Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1065 Worden's Pond Road, Wakefield, Rhode Island, 02879, United States