Please bring clothing appropriate for camp (comfortable layers)! It will be warm in the sun and cool in the shade, and we’ll be outside (a few drops of rain won’t stop us from outdoor programming), inside (with some air-conditioned facilities), and camp cabins without heat for our overnight accommodations.
Make sure to pack closed-toe shoes, and rain gear.
Linens are provided, but it does get COLD at night so consider packing an extra blanket, sleeping bag and/or warm pajamas.
Dress code for the seminar is casual. However, please keep in mind that this is a professional development conference, and you will be representing your camp community! Be aware you’ll be asked to sit on the ground for some programming.
• Long sleeve t-shirts
• Jeans or long pants
• Warm pajamas (nights get COLD)
• Bathing suit
• Warm nighttime gear (wool socks, gloves, warm winter hat)
• Sweatshirt, coat, sweater, or fleece
• Hat (with brim for sun protection)
• Sneakers (comfortable for walking and that can get dirty)
• Rain gear (poncho, raincoat, etc.)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Bug repellent
- Reusable water bottle (Let’s reduce waste!)
- Pen or pencil
Suggested (Non-Essential) Items
Cornerstone is a great opportunity to share your talents, be creative, exchange ideas, and trade best practices. Consider bringing some of these:
- Song books from your camp
- Printouts of favorite programs to share with other camps
- Musical instrument (drums, guitars, etc.) (You’ll have a chance to jam…)
- Favorite games
Jewish Ritual Items
There will be time in the program for those who have a practice of daily prayer and saying grace after meals. We will have a limited number of benchers and prayer books available. If you prefer to pray with a specific siddur, please, BYO-Siddur! If you wear or use a kippah/yarmulke, tallit, tefillin, or other ritual garment, please bring your own. We will not have access to these religious items.
FJC is not responsible for the cost of checked baggage. We suggest packing your items so they will fit in one carry-on bag. For additional details, see our Travel Policy.