Community Care DirectorAt Camp Daisy & Harry Stein
Camp Daisy & Harry Stein is a Reform Jewish residential summer camp located in the Prescott National Forest just two hours north of Phoenix, Arizona. Our campers (grades 2 – 12) are mostly from Arizona and the surrounding Southwestern United States and come from diverse backgrounds.
1. Camp Director
2. Camp Assistant Director
1. Work with Unit Heads and counselor staff to design modifications as necessary, to ensure that camp programs and activities can accommodate all campers in an inclusive environment.
2. Provide insight, training and support to counselors, specialists, and Unit Heads on inclusion, ASD (autism spectrum disorder), and other disorders both during the pre-summer staff training week and throughout the summer.
3. Assist counselor staff with the special needs of their campers and support them to solve problems. Be available to help them resolve issues concerning campers, staff, or administration members.
4. Maintain parent contact before, during and after camp regarding preparation for the summer, feedback during the summer, and follow up at the end of the summer.
5. Observe and interact with campers who have special needs during the camp program to maintain a level of familiarity with each one.
6. Document all aspects of the inclusion program and maintain ongoing written accountability regarding information gathered, anecdotal notes, scheduling, and programming, outside contacts, responsibilities, and follow ups.
7. Create and implement behavior contracts for specific campers that may benefit from this method, as needed.
8. Provide short- and long-term support for staff members of campers with special needs.
9. Model and advocate acceptance and understanding for all campers and staff.
10. Be involved with the camp crisis management plan, and maintaining joint responsibility for the health and safety of the camp.
11. Consult with the Director or Assistant Director, and Camp Stein’s consultant at the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center (SARRC) about campers with special needs when necessary.
12. Participate in all Administration staff duties at camp such as helping to make announcements, general oversight of entire camp during all-camp programing, etc…
13. Attend and participate in administrative meetings as scheduled. Discuss and advocate for campers and staff when necessary and appropriate.
14. Meet with counselor staff on individual and group level on regularly scheduled basis.
15. Occasionally help sitting “on duty” in cabins, as necessary.
16. Abide by and enforce all camp policies.
Most of all, applicants must be prepared to HAVE FUN, be team oriented and enjoy spending the summer in the beautiful pines of northern Arizona!
Camp Stein is owned and operated by Congregation Beth Israel, a Reform Synagogue in Scottsdale, Arizona.
1. Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or similar.
2. At least three years professional experience in mental health, social work or a similar/related field.
3. Experience with or understanding of residential Summer Camp preferred.
4. Experience with or Jewish Informal and/or Experiential Education preferred.
How to Apply
Apply directly through our website:
Camp Daisy & Harry Stein
Community Care Director
3400 W. Camp Pearlstein Raod, Prescott, AZ, 86303, United States