Program DirectorAt Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa
Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa (CBBO) is committed to being the Jewish overnight camp of choice for Ontario and Quebec children. We are currently looking for an experienced Program Director, who will report to the Camp Director. This is a full-time position that requires residing at CBBO’s summer location in Quyon, Quebec for the camp season (late June through late August), and working from home with limited travel for the remainder of the year. As a member of the Administration Team, the Program Director will be responsible for all facets of programming and events during the camp season and throughout the off-season.
– Create, implement and evaluate all aspects of camp programming and special events.
– Create and maintain camper and special event activity schedules.
– Ensure that programs are high quality, structured and safe.
– Plan and organize out of camp trips.
– Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to staff and supervisors.
– Research and execute fresh new programming.
– Develop, organize and attend camper events in Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto, as well as virtual events throughout the off-season.
– Plan and coordinate staff recruitment events throughout the school year.
– Assist in the recruitment of qualified specialty staff.
– Plan, implement and assist with supervisor leadership weekend, supervisor orientation, and staff orientation.
– Plan, organize and attend Alumni events, CBBO-OJCS partner activities and CBBO Steps Up community initiatives.
RequirementsThe successful candidate will have: - A post-secondary education with experience as an Educator and/or within the Camping industry; - 3-5 years experience as a Program Director within the Camping industry; - The ability to provide leadership, motivation and supervision to staff and campers; - A strong connection to the Jewish faith; - A knowledge of health and safety regulations specific to camping situations; - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa
7861 River Road, Quyon, Quebec, J0X 2V0, Canada