Machane Olami: Global Jewish Camp Fellowship
Working at an American Jewish summer camp is so much more than a job – it’s an experience like no other. With the Machane Olami: Global Jewish Camp Fellowship, you’ll spend your summer creating lifelong friendships, learning about North American Jewish life, and sharing your story and culture with campers and staff from around the world!
Why work at Jewish Camp?
- Klal Yisrael: Creating Global Jewish Connections – build your network of Jewish young adults from North America, Israel and all around the world, while being an ambassador from your home country. Bring new ideas and perspectives back to your home Jewish community.
- Professional Development – add to your CV and gain critical professional skills to help you in your future career
- Make a Difference – be a role model and create the summer of a lifetime for hundreds of Jewish children
Am I right for the job?
We’re looking for Jewish leaders who are…
- Between the ages of 18 and 25
- Available from June through mid-August (camps last 9-10 weeks)
- Proficient in English
- Excited to share their skills with others and are willing to learn and grow in the process
- Eager to provide a safe and fun environment for campers
You don’t need to be an expert in childcare, a rabbi, social worker, or even have been to camp before! Great camp counselors have diverse skill sets and are enthusiastic, hard workers.
- $1000 stipend at the end of camp
- J1 Visa – includes the option to travel in the US after camp
- Flight and all fees are covered!
- Step 1 – Let us know you are interested by filling out this form, and having a quick initial conversation with the program coordinators
- Step 2 – Complete an official application and a job interview with a camp professional
- Step 3 – Work with the staffing agency to obtain your visa and coordinate travel
- Step 4 – Participate in a pre-camp orientation
- Step 5 – Have an incredible, transformative, life-changing time at camp!
- Step 6 – Participate in a post-camp seminar in the US
The Machane Olami: Global Fellowship is made possible by a partnership between Foundation for Jewish Camp and Hillel International.