Small Communities Incentive Grants
The Small Communities Incentive Program offers new campers from small communities of under 8,000 Jewish residents grants up to $1,500 for 12+ days of camp. The eligibility is the same as traditional One Happy Camper. These grants cannot be combined.
How do I know If I’m eligible?
Great question! The following is the basic eligibility criteria:
- $1,500 grant for campers enrolled for 19+ consecutive days
- $1,000 grant for campers enrolled for 12-18 consecutive days
- Must be entering grades 2-12 (after camp)
- Family lives in community of fewer than approximately 8,000 Jewish residents (community data based on information from our partners at Jewish Federations of North America)
- Do not attend Jewish day school or yeshiva (Why is that?)
The application will recognize your zip code and information and analyze your answers to determine geographic eligibility. Geographic areas and population size are determined in partnership with Jewish Federations of North America. To learn which Federation catchment area you are in, its size, and whether or not they have their own One Happy Camper program, please visit FedFinder.
IS THERE A DEADLINE TO APPLY?
There is no official deadline, but a limited number of grants are available and once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Please contact your camp to see if there are any limitations on grant availability, and make sure to register for camp and apply for your Small Communities Incentive Grant as soon as possible.
I have multiple children, can they each receive this?
Yes! We hope this opportunity will enable you to send all your children to camp.
Look at our Find a Camp resource to learn more about these camps and 150+ more. For more information about the Small Communities Incentive Program, contact Margalit Rosenthal email@example.com, or the camp you’re interested in.