Who is wise? The one who learns from every person.
(Pirkei Avot 4:1)
The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement.
Wisdom, or Hochma, is a key aspect of being a mensch! At camp we learn from each person we encounter and gain wisdom along the way.
Do you have a program, text, or media resource related to this value? Send it our way: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is wise? (We are!)
- A Cornerstone program by Sara Beth Berman
- Frog Hunting
- A Cornerstone program by Daniel Abramson
- Wisdom in Parshat Devarim
- A program from Herzl Camp
- Lion King Clip
- Clip from Lion King with quote “The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”
- A video that shares advise from individuals who have lived to be 100 years old
- The Collective Wisdom is Greater Than You
- An article sharing how a leader must instill collective wisdom.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit…
- A quote by Miles Kington
- Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins
- A book by Eric Kimmel
- Sefaria source sheet
- Commentary and discussion on a Pirkei Avot quote about wisdom.